Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A very blue fuzzy sweater!

How very exciting! The big news is that I actually finished up a sweater that had been blocked and was sitting in my knitting bag for about a month. I couldn't figure out why knitters hated to stitch up their knitted projects. I don't think that, for me, it is about hating to stitch up the project, but more about loving to knit. I would far rather have the two wooden needles in my hands than an embroidery needle.

Behold, the blue and fuzzy sweater:

Blue Sweater

This is the first shaped item that I have knitted that has actually come out looking like it was supposed to! The pattern is from Knitting for the First Time. I thought this was a great book when I first started knitting again, but I'm not so sure that the finished projects really work like they should. Do you see the sleeves? Aren't they strangely shaped? And I followed the project to a letter--It just didn't seem to work as well as I hoped for. But, I did remember how to do decreases and increases with this pattern, so all is not lost.

This was, however, a great beginners project. I used Lion's Brand Homespun, which is sort of fuzzy. It is very forgiving and hides mistakes, so the stitches look decent. Plus it is cuddly warm and machine washable, perfect for my daughter who creates washing/stain removing works of art each day!

Next time I post I will show a few more early knitting projects and talk (write) about when I learned to knit (think 4-H and lots of acrylic).

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker