Monday, September 06, 2004

Escape from Storm and New FO

Escape from Storm



My brother, girlfriend, and dog have arrived safely in Texas. I think they are happy they came, as the town they live in has 30 closed streets and 60 downed power lines. They would be stuck inside the house a long time if they were there.

Anna has enjoyed all the lovely attention. I think she likes bouncing on their bed and clothes the best:




New Finished Objects (FO)



I actually finished a good bit of knitting this weekend. I finally finished and blocked my Yarn girl tank. I will take pictures shortly and post. Plus, I made headway on my purse/bag, and I popped out one minimum legwarmer from Sally Melville's Knit book. More pics and descriptions later.

Here, however, are pics of my two first projects. The first is the kid's cardigan from Knitting for the First Time:



I had no idea what I was doing with this sweater, so I went to our yarn place in town (think big generic super craft store). The person there said that there was no problem substituting any old yarn. No mention of gauge at all. So, I whipped this up and, big surprise, it is too big for my daughter. I read everything I could find and now get gauge. So, while the sweater doesn't look too bad and it proved a good learning experience, it doesn't work. But, my new tank fits perfectly, so a gauge swatch does work!

Here is my scarf from Sally Melville's knit book. I love her book. I want two of everything in both of her books. This wasn't a hard pattern, but the nubby Tahki Poppy yarn (in Desert) proved a bit of a challenge. I discovered that bamboo needles are best for me.



It is absolutely gorgeous when worn with a simple black dress. Both times I have worn it to school I've had tons of compliments. It is really fun to say, "oh, I made this!"

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker