Monday, September 20, 2004

Knitting and the Weekend

What a good weekend. I was able to do lots of knitting, while still getting some household stuff finished. Yup, that way exciting activity--wash. With a two year old who is pottty training....

Plus, we took my daughter to the Washington Co Fair, the "first county fair in Texas." We saw pig races, heifer shows, and goats. Anna decided that the goats were what she wanted. As a former 4-Her, I love fairs. It reminds me of the hot August weeks that I spent at the Carroll County Fair. Hey-I was Miss 4-H! I showed sheep! Yahoo!

It was really hot, though. I think we finally hit over 100 degrees. Our older dog, Jessie, wanted to lay on the entrance way hall all day. Smart dog!:



Bruce's hand is also looking better (see the post on the feuding dogs).



My brother et al should be heading back to Florida at some point this week. It sounds like their little house survived and now has electric. It will probably take them longer to return, as the i 10 bridge is destroyed, but they will probably be happy to be at home.

And, there was knitting this hot weekend! I am about half way through my daughter's winter poncho. I wasn't sure about the colors at first, but they look really cute:



So, the poncho a long begins! This is a pretty quick knit (all ribbing), so I think I might have this complete by the weekend.

Klaralund book and yarn has finally arrived. Yippeee!



Isn't it pretty? I'm still trying to figure out how big I should make this sweater. I want it boxey, but not huge. I am torn between a 38 and a 40. I was concerned about having enough yarn, but the nice Klaralund along folks tell me that they are ending up with left over yarn, so not to worry. Ok. Now, I have to carefully measure...




Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker