Tuesday, September 07, 2004

New Poncho Plan

So I have a new poncho plan to add to the existing poncho. As I mentioned, I joined a poncho a long and was originally planning to make the poncho from Weekend Knitting. That is still on the pile. I am waiting for the yarn to arrive. I desperately wanted the actual yarn used in the pattern/picture, so I had to special order it. We don't have a yarn store in town (anyone interested in starting one?), just a Hobby Lobby and craft/sewing stores. These stores just have the generic types of yarn. I'm not going to use the nasty acrylic (Red Heart), but don't mind some of the nicer Lion brands, especially the machine wash/ dry ones that are perfect for my daughter--the stain producer.

After an internet search and careful consideration, it turns out that Austin's Hill Country Weavers is able to order the GGH yarn that I need. I'm waiting for it to come in so that I can get started.

I also decided to make my daughter a poncho:



This is a free lion brand patttern. I will use the Lion Brand recommended yarns, but in different colors. I picked out a sorbet (bright pink, green, orange, etc.) and a lime fur to trim the poncho in. My daughter will just love this one!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker