Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Some good news, Some bad news

So the good news is that I should have enough yarn to finish out my Colinette sweater. Yeah! It is so beautiful. I can't wait to get it stitched up, blocked and for the cold weather to come (ok. I live in Texas. This means below 50 degrees. Maybe by Thanksgiving...)

The bad news? I'm a dope. I usually am very careful to count stitches as I go along. As a new knitter, I am not as adept at finding problems as I work. But, I forgot. So, I was counting to bind off and duh, too few stitches. So, I finished the one sleeve and frogged about 1/3 of the other. I should be able to finish the rest tonight. Then, I am going to sew in those little ends.

Have you ever worked with Colinette yarn? I'm still not sure what to think of it. It is really beautiful. I love the colors, the fact that it is hand dyed and the fact that it is made in Wales (how exotic for us Texas folks!!) Here are some of the lovely Colinette colors that I am considering:







But, I am not sure about the thickness of the yarn. It wasn't the most comfortable stuff to work with. I actually have handcramps from working with it! And, it is pretty scratchy until it is knitted up, when it seems to soften. Maybe it will get even softer when I block it???

The biggest concern is actually how hot this will be. I know they make some cotton blends, so maybe I need to look at them. As you know, I live in the humid land of Texas. We do get some cold weather, so there is a chance to wear sweaters. But, I don't wear wool very often. My husband likes to keep our heat low, so that helps (before I met him he tells me he went an entire year without turning on the heat. He is indeed a nutty man. But, that's why I love him!). But, I hate to spend all the money it costs to buy nice wool yarn and then not use it. Does anyone know of a nice blend or lighter weight wool that wouldn't knit up so heavy?

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker