Thursday, September 30, 2004

Thanks to all

Thanks!



Before I head into my knitting info, I wanted to say thanks to all those folks who are reading the blog. I have been getting comments from folks I don't know ( and my Mom--Thanks Mom!) which is really great! If you are reading, do leave a comment and let me know who you are and where you are from (where ya'll hail from, in Texas-speak or Mumble mumble mumble in my native Maryland-speak).


The Boring Knit





This is the boring felted purse that I am bound and determined to get finished! There are those two big squares (front and back), a little square (pocket), and a strap, which I am now knitting. Blek. Boring stockinette with absolutely no shaping. Plus the pieces are big. The strap has to be 84 inches. 84!!! I don't care that it is only 14 stitches across. That is way long.

I have decided to slog through this and finish it up ASAP. I keep saying that when it is done I get to Klaralund, though I have Kuryeon in the stash for this:



This is the pattern that so many folks have already made--the Black Sheep Booga Bag. The pattern is free on line and looks to be much more interesting and faster than the purse I am putting together. Grr. I can't even tell you what kind of Kureyon I bought, because if I go look in the stash and touch the Noro it will be all over. Have to maintain control...

Stash place



We live in a fairly small house (by choice mostly) that forces us to keep tossing worthless and unused stuff. I think this might be left from my husband's Peace Corps days in Fiji, but, nonetheless, the anti-materialism bent mostly works for me too. It is only when he starts talking about tossing that one box from high school, filled with goofy bits of memory... Then I starting thinking that people who save every bit and piece of their lives might be on to something....

SO, in hopes that I can contain the stash and not get too many projects going as well, I would like to introduce you to the official residing place of my yarn and needles. Meet the stash cupboard:



And look--nothing poking out of the drawers or the top! Pretty amazing. I just won't tell Bruce about the bag of yarn in the office closet...


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker