Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Uh Oh!

This is not good. I am almost out of yarn! Take a look at my sleeves:



Do you think I will make it? I'm about 2 inches away from the sleeve cap, but I am not sure. If I don't have enough I will have to order an additional skein of this Colinette Shimmer Fresco. I rechecked my gauge to see if that is what is sucking up the yarn, but it seems right. I don't know what is happening. The small size is supposed to take 8 skeins and I had 10. Grr. I even rechecked the yardage, and it is right. Oh well. I should know if I need another skein by this evening.

On the bright side, I finally received my yarn for the first of my ponchos. This is my daughter's poncho yarn. I love the vibrant colors and the fuzzy finish.



I went with Lion Brand since it is a poncho for a 2 year old--I need to wash it. I forgot to look to see if the fuzzy stuff washes. When I received it, I noticed that the fuzzy fur needs to be handwashed. Grr. Again, that sort of defeats the purpose. This needs to be easy to care for because my daughter will surely drag this through the mud often.

But, as soon as I finish (or run out of yarn) my Colinette sweater I'm going to cast on this poncho. I need to get going as I have my own poncho and a secret X-mas gift for my Mom to work on.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker