Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Weekend is Here!

Ok. I have a bunch of work to finish up before we can hop in the truck and leave town for the weekend, but I am so close! Here's what we will be up to:

We are heading to Austin and will stay at Barton Creek Resort. A book publisher is working with my husband, so the entire family gets to go. We won't be working, unlike Bruce, so I see lots of fun. Spa time, swimming time, margarita time... need I say more?

The other plus to Austin is that I will finally get to visit Hill Country Weavers. This is supposed to be a super yarn store. They have my yarn on order for my poncho, so I will check on that. Plus I might pick up a few more things... Who knows?

Packing knitting for the trip is a little tricky. I don't want to start my Klaralund until I finish up a few of the items that are lurking in my bag. I'm a one or two project kind of person. I would be overwhelmed with more than that on the way. So, I think I will take my Colinette sweater along to see if the yarn store can suggest yarn to stitch it up. My daughter's poncho will go, as I need just a few more rows before I stitch it up and add the fun fur. That will probably be a fine project to work on while we are away. And I will take the evil bag, oh the felted bag that is just boring stockinette stitch. I really want that to be finished so I can try my booga bag in the gorgeous Kureyon that is sitting in my stash.

I have to warn you--I really, really want to buy both Jane Ellison Noro books. Keep your fingers crossed that Hill country has them...

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker