Monday, September 27, 2004

What a Weekend--Stash Additions....

What a way fun weekend! We went to Barton Creek Resort and Spa for a few days. Bruce had a publishers hoo ha, and Anna and I played. There was swimming, spa-ing, eating, drinking, and yarn shopping. Yes, I finally was able to visit the Hill Country Weavers. What a nice shop! Suzanne, the owner, let me take a few pictures:



Look at all of the yummy yarns. I couldn't breathe! I didn't know where to start! But, I eventually ended up transfixed with the Colinette section:



I decided to pick up a bunch of books, including three Noro books and a back issue of Interweave. The lovely folks also helped me pick out an appropriate yarn to sew up my Colinette sweater (it needs a bit more finishing and then I'll have pics).



Do you see the new project?



This is Colinette Fandango in Toscana. It is so soft and fuzzy that I had to have it. I decided to make this:



It will be perfect for Texas since the yarn is cotton. Great for summer by itself, perfect for winter with a jacket over it. Ya hoo.

I really liked this yarn store. The yarns and patterns were great and the people nice. I spoke to a woman in a knitting class that was working on Klaralund. She didn't know about the pattern correction and had to rip out the back piece. Thank you Wendy and knitalongers for warning us about the problems!

When we got home I seamed up the Colinette sweater. I also finished the back piece of my tote bag, but it is pretty boring, so you have to wait until I finish the pocket and strap before I take pics. Oh--finished Anna's poncho too. It just needs the fun fur. So, this week looks to be all about finishing. No new knitting until the Colinette and poncho are finished. Knitter's promise.

Rollins says that the new additions to the knitting stash are almost an appropriate present for the time spent away:

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker