Thursday, September 09, 2004

Yarn Girl Tank and Florida Visitors

Yarn Girl Tank



She is finished! After much stitching and crocheting (I hate crocheting), I complete my tank. It is so nice and soft. I blocked it and wore it to work under a jacket. Here it is:



I think it may get a big tighter fitting as I wash and wear it, as the cotton does seem to stretch and contract. But, I think it is a good first fitted item for a new knitter! And, it is wearable!

I finished my leg warmers, so look for a coming picture.

Florida Visitors



My brother, Ben, his girlfriend, Whitney, and the dog, Bjorn, have been visiting since they were evacuated from Florida. They may be here longer, depending upon what Ivan the Terrible decides to do. We have been having fun visiting, and Anna just loves Uncle Ben and Miss Lady Whitney. Here they are!



New Book



I bought Maggie Righetti's Knitting in Plain English and really like it. It has lots of good tips for the beginning knitter. The one that seems most useful so far is her idea of a swatch. I hate to measure the little stitches and Righetti says that it is not very accurate. She says to cast on the supposed number of stitches in 4 inches and then start swatching. After 4 inches measure end to end to see if you hit the suggested width. If not, switch needles, purl a row as a marker, and keep going. How simple! How smart! I'm going to do this in my next project. Any one else use this method? Thoughts about the swatching?


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker