Friday, October 29, 2004

Secret Kid Plot?

So do kids really plot to get sick at the absolute worst time? I wonder this sometimes... My husband is away on business, I have a guest consultant coming in that I have to usher from meeting to meeting, lunch to dinner, airport to hotel, and Anna gets pink eye. Do I have backup? No. As with most academics, we are a long plane ride away from grandmas, aunts, uncles, etc. So, Thursday Anna wakes up with a goopy eye, I take her to the doctor, get the diagnosis and eye drops. So much for Thursday. The good news is that Friday is the day with the consultant, and her doctor says that one day of antibiotics should do the trick--back to school for her. The kicker with all of this is that she doesn't feel bad and can't understand why she isn't able to go see her buddies at school. She LOVES her friends. How comes even 2 year olds think their peers are cooler than boring, stodgy Mom and Dad? I fear the teenage hormones....

Since I was clearly not going to accomplish any work related items yesterday, I played with Anna and knitted. I blocked Klara, and she is dry, so I should be able to finish her this weekend. I cast on for my poofy capelet as well. No pics of the WIP today, but maybe this weekend.

Ang. asked for the pattern source for the Berga bag (see last post). The bag is from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Book 1. It's the last pattern, but the one that I want to start with. So cute!



Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker