Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend of Cleaning..and A FO!

While I was able to do a decent amount of knitting this weekend (more to follow), I spent most of my time cleaning. I don't remember our house getting so dirty prior to a child! Our cat leaves half his body weight in hair around the house, it seems, but the child manages much more than that. Plus, I have never seen a kid with so many toys. Suggestion to relatives who read the blog: No toys for presents. The kid has plenty!

On to the knitting!

My first Klara sleeve is almost complete. I ended up taking out just 1.5 inches. I decided to live on the edge. I was actually afraid that Klara might not be drapey enough without the length.

And, a FO! I was able to make a decent amount of progress on Anna's Pumpkin hat. It felt so nice and cool last week that I thought she might need it sooner, rather than later. Alas, it was 90 degrees yesterday and today. Pesky Texas weather.

Unlike the Poncho she liked the hat:



What is it with Anna and hats? It is like she has already become an adolescent skate punk? Probably just rewards for the pink jello hair and men's pajamas from the mission that I wore to torture my parents in my youth. Check out this cool kid pose:



Bruce says he is moving into the barn when she's a teenager. I'm going to the spa for a few years!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker