Monday, October 25, 2004

A weekend success story

Before I start I want to report my first knitting sighting on campus. I went to buy a salad for lunch at our coffee stand and there was a student knitting a sweater in the round! Knitters unite!

I did it, I did it! Yes, I actually finished that yucky bag that I have been struggling through. Just a refresher--before:



I put it in a zipper pillow case and tossed it into the washing machine on HOT. Here is the post felted product:



And the other view:



I am much more pleased with this post felting. I put a box inside the purse to help it dry into shape. The pocket is dry, but the purse is still damp. I gave it some good tugs to try to shape it into the perfect square. It does look like the strap didn't shorten as much as I would like and the one color square is a bit bigger than the other. But, who care? I will finish it and use it to tote yarn in this week!!

I started Klara's second sleeve, which should be finished at some point this week. I plan on seaming her this weekend.

Have you seen the Knitty surprise? What a great idea! Plus, I have to say that I love the boobie scarf:



I might have to try this one.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker