Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I finished two projects--go me!

I finished two projects last evening. Yeah me! I completed the rest of the finishing on my two felted fish:



Aren't they so cute! I stitched on eyes and then stuffed them with polyfill. They will make perfect little gifts for my friends two boys. The fish pattern is from the Knitter's Stash and is made of nature spun Brown Sheep yarn. I bought a bunch of Brown Sheep yarn in bright colors from an ebayer, and I have been working my way through the stash. There is lots more to felt in the drawer!

My daughter was helping stuff the fish, but wanted her own project. Here's her creation:



She wanted to stuff Santa--This kid is ready for Christmas!

My booga bag was finally dry, so I put it together:



This bag is from the free Booga Bag Pattern from Black Sheep Bags. The yarn is Noro Kuryeon 102. This is a super fast pattern and one that will be a great Christmas gift for my friend who loves Noro yarns. I have some Kuryeon in the stash for a black variegated Booga Bag for myself. Maybe soon?

So, Christmas gifts are soooo close to being finished--just that crochet border on my Mom's gift.

It is time for my birthday gift-- my Sursa shawl:



I have the yarn, so I decided now was the time. Here's the very beginnings of the shawl:



The pattern is from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's second book (the one that has Klaralund). Once again I love the designer's color choices, so I am using the same: Noro Silk Garden No. 87 and Cash Iroha No. 77. Since Texas weather went from 78 yesterday morning to 48 in the evening, this could indeed come in handy!






Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker