Monday, November 01, 2004

I love Halloween (and candy. Did I mention candy?)

We had a nice weekend. I was so tired from last week's work/sick kid activities that I took two (count them) two short naps. Lovely.

I blocked Klara and began to seam her. Here's the blocking in progress:



Isn't she pretty? I think she is a nice compliment to the Fijian wallhanging. Maybe she should remain decorative art? Nah. I started seaming. More tomorrow on Klara.

Tah, Dah! Here's my finished felted object!



It turned out to be roomy enough to put a large knitting book, lots of yarn and needles. Perfect. I do like the buttons--Rowan buttons that I bought in Austin. They feel like quartz rock.

I also found this great book at TJ Maxx for 5.99 (normally 30 or so).



What a deal! Plus, I found the perfect pattern in it for my Mom's secret X-mas present--next on my list.... Shh. No telling! No peeking!

That's the end of knitting news--you can sign off now. The rest of the content is for our long distance grandmas.

We went to a baby shower on Saturday. Anna found the ready-made audience thrilling. When she got warmed up she spent her time dancing:



Our Halloween outing was fun--and chocolate filled. We went to our friends' house to let Anna trick or treat, as our country place doesn't seem the best place to let a kid run from house to (long distance) house. She refused to wear the cute ladybug or pumpkin outfit my Mom sent, so we settled on a traditional Chinese outfit that B. brought back from Taiwan. She like the tassle on the fan. Plus, it was still 80 some degrees, so lightweight silk seemed a much better idea...



The best part of trick or treating was keeping up with the older girls that we were with. Every time we switched houses Anna would yell "where are the big kids" and take off after them. She slept well, with all the running. Here is the crew:



Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker