Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Is there an Errata?

So I count and recount the lace hat pattern found in Vanessa-Ann Knitting for the First Time. And I might be an English person, but I can count up to 10. And there is a mistake in the pattern. A major mistake. So, even though this is my first lace attempt I think, "go with your inner knitting goddess voice. Breathe. Feel the lace" (Ok maybe I forgot I was knitting and morphed into my yoga relaxation, but you get the idea). I easily fixed the counting issue, and the lace looks pretty nice. I also remembered to use the little stitch markers at each pattern repeat, which was a huge help. So, I am thinking, I might be moving beyond the beginning knitter stage!

I plunge ahead into my hat, excited to hit the knitting in the round part when, in between watching my daughter dance with the Wiggles, it dawns on me that there is another problem:



Do you see it? The little lace part is supposed to flip up. If so, then the right side needs to switch at the base of the hat. Right now, the flip up part will be the ugly back side of the pattern. Yuck. I did follow the pattern exactly, using my clicker (cache cache) to mark each row. But, nope. I have to frog the whole thing back to the lace. Argh. In disgust I pick up the easy knitting secret project. I click away to salve my nerves. I consider the secret German chocolate stash in my kitchen cupboard.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker