Thursday, November 18, 2004

New Orleans Part 3

Hey. More New Orleans! I promise this will be it for showing yarn for a while--more to follow later.

Ok. So, the second day I headed to the Garden District Needlework Shop. This was such a great store! It is large and full of all kinds of lovely yarns. I saw Schaeffer yarns for the first time (wow!), Cherry Hill, Koigu, Colinette, Lorna's Laces, Rowan and so much more. Plus, the owner and staff are so friendly and helpful. I plopped myself down at their table, they brought out their lunches and margaritas and we had a lovely chat about Sweden, continental vs. mixed knitting, and more.

Given my lengthy stay at the store, let's just say that I ended up having a few items to bring home with me.

Ok. Here's the run down. I decided that I wanted to make a friend the Booga Bag for Christmas, so I bought some pretty pink Noro Kureyon:



I thought maybe some pretty sock yarn and of course some needles:



And look! The Colinette Mercury that I need to edge my Granada jacket:



Then, I made it to the Rowan. I looked through the new Ribbon Twist book:



and this caught my attention:



Yes, that is a stupid picture, but I love the little capelet. I recently gave up all hope for my poofy capelet, since the bind off just wouldn't end up loose enough. This has potential, though. So, I picked up this pretty grey yarn:



Ok. Enough damage. I thought that should be it. I forgot about this:



This is to make Lisette from the new Rowan book. I feel queasy....

I was thinking that all of my stash should fit in one cupboard:



But with my latest, it doesn't fit! Horrors! I eyeballed additional spots that my husband, Mr. Clutter-Free, wouldn't look. Hmmm.



Hee. Look!



No more. No more. Really! I have to go knit...

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker