Monday, November 15, 2004

New Orleans Trip, Part 1

Well, I made it through my whirlwind trip to New Orleans and back. My presentation went well, with a good number of folks in attendance. My ex-boss said nice things about my presentation, and my final report goes in today. So, officially complete with my previous Honors job!

I will put up pictures of the yarns that I purchased on my trip in a day or so, plus a report of the yarn stores, but I wanted to show my fishies! These soon to be felted fish are from the Knitter's Stash. I was busy on the plane to and from the conference:



These two are destined for Christmas gifts to two great little boys (my best friend's kids--she informed me this past week that we've know each other 20 years! 20 years! My. We are OLD!).

Among the packages awaiting me on my return was the sock yarn that I ordered from an ebayer. The color is geranium. Isn't the yarn pretty?



I'm ready to get started on socks, but I have to clear out a few Christmas gifts first. I'm about half finished my mother's secret knitting gift, which is good because I want it finished to present to her when she visits in December. I'll post pictures upon her receipt! She can model! (hee hee... she reads the blog...You will model, right?)

On Sunday our town inaugurated its first LYS! I went to the grand opening of the Hook and Needles and picked up a few things:



The tape measure and needle point protector were gifts. I hope this yarn store thrives. Just the ability to sit and knit in a place would be great. They had a small selection of needles, books, and yarn, and plan to do some knit ins and classes. Very exciting!

On a final note, it looks like winter (as it is here in Texas) has finally arrived. I changed out my daughter's clothes, and decided we should try on the hand knit hat her Grandma Janet made. It still fits!






Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker