Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Sursa is a Quick Knit!

Wow. I am loving working on the Sursa shawl. It is a super fast knit. I sat down last night and made it half way through the body of the shawl:



The colors are not as bright as the original picture in the Hamilton book, but they are very pretty. As I mentioned, I am using the same colorway as in the original image. You start with just a few stitches and increase the stitches through yarnovers. Very simple, but very nice. The only trick to the pattern is that you hold the yarn double as you knit. This is a bit tricky with the Noro Silk Garden. The first two skeins matched very well, though I had to remove about 12 inches of one ball to make them match. The second two are a bit more difficult. I did buy an extra skein of yarn because I suspected that the matching of yarns might be tricky--good thing too!

I love working on this so much that I actually brought it along to work! It seems to liven up the hovel:


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker