Monday, January 31, 2005

Progress at work, but not much at home

I'm pretty much buried at work these days--trying to finish things that I have on an ever growing list. The beginning of the semester is always tough, but I am adding lots of pieces to a course, which is difficult and time consuming.

But the great news is that Secret Pals is underway. I heard from my SP (way fun) and I contacted my pal. I read through my pals' blog and have come up with some ideas. I am going to do an initial package, but my later package should include something I make. This is a little tricky--I am always nervous about giving people something I make. But I think I've actually found a pattern that my SP will like!

Because of Secret Pal and the impending warm weather here in Texas, I've reordered my side bar list. I am feeling like a bad KALonger--I finished my socks, but haven't started the others. And winter sweaters, when they are completed, will be too warm. I'm going to try to finish a few smaller items then start those summer projects.

I knitted on my Weekend knitting poncho this weekend, and almost finished--2 inches to go. It seems like I would measure it and think--just a few more inches--walk away, pick it up, knit some more, and discover that I hadn't made any progress. It was like these little anti-knit elves would unravel my work when I was away. Argh. Soon, soon, and then I finally get to start my shawl!! Look for a picture of this thing blocking tomorrow!!

Thanks for the nice comments on my daughter's ordered dress. We are going to hobby lobby this week to pick out some Lion Brand cotton blend yarn. I think that will be the best.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker