Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Publishing the Blog and Sockapalooza

My article on blogging has finally come out in Lore: An E-Journal for Teachers of Writing! Very exciting! The article is "Knit Blogging: Considering an Online Community". This very short article was a lot of fun to write, since it let me think about how I decided to knit and blog about the process. It is also fun to read the other discussions of blogging as well. Check the articles out if you are interested!

It is really hard for me to grasp that 2005 has arrived. I am still trying to recover from my daughter showing up in 2002--how did we get here?

A good time was had by all during our holiday and our time spent with both Grandmothers. I'm back to work trying to finish everything that wasn't finished before the holidays. Anna is a bit tired from all of this craziness. We hope that a more normal schedule will help with the refusal to sleep. But, who knows. She is getting good at looking cute to try to get us to do what she wants:



This morning she decided that she would like to have a nice picnic with Daddy and her new baby alpaca:



Bruce was accomodating, sipping his coffee that Anna brewed.



And so, you might ask, where is that knitting you say you do? Well, big news! I finished my first sock!



I had bought this pretty hand dyed yarn on ebay a few months ago. It was aptly titled Geranium--it has the browns, greens and reds from the plant. I used Sally Melville's basic sock pattern from the Purl Stitch book. The pattern was helpful to follow and particularly suited to a first time sock knitter. I didn't have to frog, though there were a few places that I had to spend some time thinking about how to proceed. The heel is not perfect, but decent, and the kitchener stitch is not as even as I would like, but I think it fits very nicely. I will cast on for the next sock in a day or two, but I can certainly see how one could become addicted to socks. I am already thinking about my Lorna's Laces sock yarn and how it might be nice to do a sock with a pattern.

I still am working on my Weekend Knitting Union Poncho--about 18 inches out of the 50 some, so it will be a long term project. I won't bore you with the pictures at this point--just more of the baby cable.



Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker