Friday, January 21, 2005

Requests and Thanks

I want to first start by thanking Lovelyn for the great gift she sent by way of my husband:



I have the knitting calendar, but this quilting calendar is a beauty. The quilt blocks are so pretty. Thanks Lovelyn for the great gift!

Speaking of my husband, I've turned him to the blog side: http://plcmap.blogspot.com/.

So, I have been knitting, but the beginning of the semester is pretty difficult. I seem to just blah, blah, blah all day in meetings. And I'd rather be holed up in my office working on the computer, but, you do what you can. I'm working on both of my dark projects, but don't see the end in site on either.

My mother sent a great package the other day:



She found this interesting yarn (linen blend with slubs) at the local thrift shop for something like 2.99. There were 8 or 9 balls--apparently her cat loves this yarn, so a ball or two didn't make it into the package. Boots promises that she will relinquish her stash shortly...

Here's the recommended pattern:



Can we say the 80s? These aren't my style, but I'm thinking about a summer tank or some sort of summer wear for my daughter with this. I'm not sure, but I do like the teal color! Thanks Mom! (Mom and I love those thrift stores...can't turn down a bargain)

And, as requested by the grandmas, here's a few pics from our visit to the Houston Zoo:



Sure, we have cattle in the pasture beside our house, but, hey, let's drive 2 hours to Houston to sit on a plastic cow!



Obviously the zoo is a huge hit for the entire group!


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker