Monday, January 03, 2005

Top Five for 2004

While looking at other blogs I ran into a nice knitting list on The Boogie Knits. Since I am finally back on track with blogging and work after much sickness and holiday, I thought that the list would be a nice way to end the old year and start the new. Here it is!

Top Five for 2004



Favorite Needles for 2004:

My favorite needles are Clover Bamboo, with Brittany wood a close second. I am partial to circulars, but will still pick up straight needles for flat knitting.

Favorite online shop for 2004:

My favorite online shop will always be ebay. It may not have everything you want, at all times, but you can score some amazing bargains. And, my yarn purchases have been as good as promised!

Favorite yarn for 2004:

This one is a toughie. I love Noro, but I think my favorite for this year is the 4 strand GGH Via Mala that I am using for my Weekend Knitting Poncho. It is just lovely knitted up and fun to work with.

Favorite finished object and KAL for 2004:

This is an easy one! My favorite object and KAL are one and the same--the lovely Klaralund. The KAL was infinitely helpful, with even the designer changes spurred by the KAL. And I have worn the finished sweater many, many times, with numerous compliments.

Exciting new technique (for me) for 2004:

This will prove that I am a fairly new knitter--I love the spit splice that I used on Klaralund. A little fraying of the wool, a little spit, a little rubbing, and no ends to sew in! What could be better!



Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker