Wednesday, January 19, 2005

We're into the Dark, Here

I took a picture of my Union Square Poncho/Shawl this morning. My daughter decided to include her feet for scale (this is due to having a geologist daddy who always has to put something in pictures to show their scale!):



It is a tiny bit wider than the pattern calls for (some of those residual gauge issues I guess), but I have additional yarn to work with, so it shouldn't be a problem. It is going to be so warm and fun to wear. I'm guessing, though, that, with the progress I am making, I won't be wearing this in Texas this year. I have about 1 more month of potential cold weather wear and even that is iffy.

I cast on the front of Coquette last night and made a little progress. Jennifer asked if I was going to use black for the lacy bits. Actually I picked out a pretty Rowan yarn in grey to compliment the black with grey flecks.

So looking at these projects it dawned on me that both of the things on my needles are dark--not the greatest uplift for winter, huh? Maybe that was last night I was seriously considering starting one of my lace projects--the backyard leaves scarf or the Flower Basket Shawl. I'm still thinking about one of these as a third project, even though 3 items in the knitting basket will probably make me nuts...

I've been wearing my Rowan Ebony shawl quite a bit (grey also... argh). The coolest thing about this shawl is that the pattern tells you to fasten it together with a brooch. Cool. I have a big collection of pins to rotate through on this shawl. I hardly ever think to put them on, but you need one with Ebony. Here's the one I am wearing today:



When I was in high school (early 80s), I loved to go to the local goodwill/mission after school to see what I could find to wear. I was in a stage where I would only wear funky thrift shop clothes (one too many Molly Ringwald movies?). This was one of the pins that I picked up for about .25 cents.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker