Sunday, February 20, 2005

Maybe we can move on

Maybe we can move on. I think that my daughter is recovering. Her fever has been down since Saturday, the antibiotics seem to be working, and she is starting to eat. That means that I may be able to get back to work on Monday, which would be great since I have 3 major deadlines in the next 3 weeks. Argh.

Katt asked about my intarsia class. Thanks for asking! Didn't mean to let anyone hanging--Friday just was still a sick day and a meltdown for me day--I had about had it with being sick, having a sick child, watching the deadlines come closer at work. It wasn't a blog day, let's say.

The intarsia class was a lot of fun--it ended up being a private lesson as I was the only one signed up. Here's a picture for you:



The woman standing is Nancy, the LYS owner--our very own Hook and Needle shop. Nancy just recently started this shop and it is small, but she has lots of great stuff. The wall behind her is filled with Euroflax Linen in lovely colors. Buffie taught the class. She's an excellent knitter--she knitted the Lace Capelet in Lily Chin's The Urban Knitter . Apparently Chin designed patterns for various urban based knitters to knit, including Buffie, and then had them knit them for examples. I've seen her capelet--super pretty!



For this class we did some basic intarsia, which wasn't too hard. It makes sense to me, actually. Next time I suppose we are going to do more--a more intricate design.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker