Friday, February 04, 2005

Much Dreaming, Not Much Knitting

We had friends over for dinner last night so I didn't get any knitting completed. We had a couple over who just moved to our small town in Texas from Germany and before that Copenhagen, Denmark. Let's just say that they are having some culture shock...

What did happen yesterday is a nice package in the post! I received two copies of a knitting book for Christmas, so I returned one to Amazon and ordered a few more things:



And of course I needed some yarn to get those socks started:



I am very excited about the self patterning sock yarn. I think it will be nice for the simple sock pattern in Folk Socks book.

After I finish the poncho this weekend, I'm going back to the Shawl. I think I will use a lifeline ever increase or two--probably the dental floss that Maureen suggests. I also need to recheck my gauge--I think the lace might be a little too holey, suggesting my gauge is off. If I can do both the lifeline and the gauge check, I might have something to show on Monday! I keep reminding myself that once I make one full lace project, the next will be a little easier~!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker