Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Spring Time at the Sick House

Yup. Still sick. My daughter is heading into the third day of her fever/cough/crud. It looks like the fever has peaked and broken, so we might be on the upswing. She actually ate for the first time, so it is looking good.

I've been busy not sleeping, giving medicine, letting my daughter sleep on me, so very little knitting here--just a spring dress:



I'm working on the back of Anna's dress. This is timely as I have an intarsia class on Thursday that will teach me how to do the flower on the front. The Jaeger mercerized cotton Siena is really nice to work with, though it is strange to have no give on the yarn. But the stitches look nice and it is very soft--important to my daughter.

It's a good thing I got started on the spring and summer clothes--spring is definitely here in Texas. Sorry for all you readers in the snow and ice...but we had shorts weather today. The smaller paperwhites are up:



My husband picked a number of these and brought them inside to make Anna and Mommy a little happier. And, Anna found our first daffodil--here's another that is ready to open:



Springtime in Texas is here!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker