Monday, March 07, 2005
I knocked out the last bit on Saturday. Here she is right after I took her off the needles:
and a close up:
And I had a lovely package from Fiddlesticks in Canada that contained my blocking wires:
I couldn't be happier with the friendly and fast service, even coming across the border! I'd definitely order from them again.
The wires were immensely helpful. I soaked the shawl for about a half hour in Euclan Lavender. Then I stretched it out with the wires and pins.
The wires made such a nice straight line. I think that they will be really helpful in all my knitting. A good purchase and one that I can recommend!
This morning I put on my new shawl. Hubby took the pics:
I wish it would have been about 2 inches longer, but am still happy with it. The yarn was from a cone at the local alpaca place, Americana Alpacas. The purple is so rich looking and the yarn couldn't be softer. So, big plus there.
This was the most difficult project that I knit to date, so there is a huge sense of accomplishment. I might even promote myself to intermediate knitter--maybe.
During our photo shoot my daughter (she who sits on lace knitting and unravels it to the mother's dismay) requested that her knitted object be photographed:
This is her boa scarf that Grandma Janet knitted out of novely yarn over Christmas. She loves it still!