Thursday, March 17, 2005

Is it break yet?

Is this the face of a child who needs to stay home from school?



Apparently the poor kid has a sinus infection. After yet another trip to the doctors and more antibiotics, she refused to go back to school. So we took the afternoon off. She took a long nap--I cleaned up and worked on finishing this blasted paper. Which I finally sent off today! Whoopee! That means I have accomplished about half of what I wanted to during this spring break. Usual.

I did snap a super fast, not so great picture of my sock as I was dashing out the door to the doctor's appointment:



Yes, I am making some progress. And I still adore the yarn and pattern (thanks again Secret Pal!).

Speaking of my lovely Secret Pal, I received this great picture from SP for St. Patrick's Day:



I just laughed and laughed.

So I am officially calling this my Spring Break, even though I was supposed to have off all week. Add to that our little upcoming trip, well it is going to be a good weekend. We head off to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for 2 days. They are having sheep shows, wool to wear, spinning and weaving demos all weekend. Of course, my daughter wants to see horses and milk the cows--I'm going for the mohair goat demo. I'll have lots of pictures to show with a full report next week! Have a lovely weekend!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker