Monday, April 11, 2005

Is that progress I see?

Ok. After complaining about the lack of progress I was able to make some headway on my daughter's dress. Whoppee!

The front is very near completion:



This was my first attempt at intarsia. I don't think mercerized cotton is the easiest to work with--probably wool would hide the intarsia twists a little better. But, I am fairly happy with the front flower:



Want to see the back?



I think some of those little holes will tighten up once I give the yarn a tug and sew it in. I noticed that even the pattern picture looked a little bit holey around the flower. The bad part is that I will have to sew in a bajillion little ends...

I did notice one area that I think I should have stopped and used separate yarns, rather than carry it across:



But, I suppose for a first try it isn't too bad. Next time I will be a bit wiser!

I didn't get a lot of knitting time in this weekend since I went shopping at Ikea for a big girl bed and furniture for my daughter's room. We are attempting to impose some sort of order on the destructive toys... My husband just wants to toss them all out in the search for order. I'm thinking nice Ikea storage bins...

I love Ikea and we found everything we wanted. Looking through the catalogue is always fun--and look what Ikea thinks is cool:



Yeah, we are hip and we knit....

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker