Monday, April 25, 2005

What a boring blog last week...

Sorry for the incredibly boring blog last week. I was just overwhelmed with getting everything finished and surviving the Louisa May Alcott Symposium.

The last speaker left on Sunday morning, so things have calmed down. And, I was pleased with how well everything went off. The best part of the entire conference was that the participants were so kind and professional. You never know!

And, the best story of the conference involved a phone call that I received on Thursday, in my office. "Hello?" "Hello, this is the entertainment writer at the Philadelphia Inquirer." "Uh. Yes?" "You are the one who is doing this Alcott Conference?"

Ok. Now, I am in academia. Entertainment sections of the paper pay no attention to the goings on of scholars, generally. What in the world does this guy want? It turns out that, while it would have been great if this guy was actually interested in our small academic conference, he really wanted to see if I was any relation to a film star who shares my name (she is from Texas... so perhaps he thought that might be the connection as well?). Sorry, but no. Oh well. I guess that was my 30 second call of fame....

I'm still trying to recover from my daughter's dress turning out too large. I will try to get it on her for a picture this week. Sob.

In defense, I am not only working on my sock (sock 1 worked, so sock 2 should as well), but I started a summer top. Picture tomorrow!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker