Thursday, April 07, 2005

Why are the Projects backing up?

So would you like to tell me why the projects are backing up? I just can't seem to finish the ones on the needles--the Coquette sweater, Anna's dress, and that last sock. I just keep thinking about the items that need to get finished--my Mom's birthday present, a couple of summer sweaters (which would come in handy now, since it is HOT here), and a gift for my soon to be arriving niece. Ok. She shows up in July, but I feel like I need to have the items done when we visit in June.

I poked around my patterns trying to figure out what I wanted to make for the baby. I came up with a little set, all done in the same yarn. Here's the plan: baby booties, a hat, and a sweater.

The patterns?

Baby Slippers from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots:



And then a nice little hat (without earflaps)--the Miss Dashwood from Knitty:



And, from Weekend Knitting, a baby sweater:



Both the sweater and the hat use the same gauge yarn, and I think I can modify the booties to get gauge and use the identical yarn. I wanted something that a Cali baby could wear into the fall--a cotton. My sister in law, however, would appreciate a yarn that could be washed easily, so a blend was perfect.

I found what I wanted on Webs. I chose Dive/Lana Borgesesia Cotton Club 706(6-% cotton/40% Acrylic--very soft blend!). Isn't it a pretty rose?



Hmm. Now I just have to finish the projects on the needles before I can move on to the next list...

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker