Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Crochet is not my Friend

I finished the front of my swing top yesterday and did a proper three needle bind off on each of the seams. At this point, I loved the project and was very happy with the way things were progressing. Of course, that was before the crochet edging. I just absolutely hate crochet. I don't know why, but I can never quite get the gauge down. I was blithely moving along on the neck edging (5 rows of Single Crochet) and decided to ignore the puckers and tightening until, of course, I was about three rows in. Dumb.

When I got to the ripping part, the twisted little stitches were not quite loosening up... So, they knotted... So, I have to reconstruct some of the binding. Argh.



Blah. That isn't the best picture, but I am annoyed with the mistake. I'll try to plunge right back in this evening, if all goes well. Must be the end of the semester exhaustion--I don't think it should be this hard! Either that or the knitting goddess is really mad at me ....

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker