Monday, June 06, 2005

Hot--Time for New England

Yeesh. It is hot and humid here. Yuck. I think it is time to take a few weeks and go where it is cooler(er). My mother says it is hot in New Hampshire, but it isn't 98 degrees and humid, so it should be great!

I had a great weekend, though I hate trying to think about all the things that need to be taken care of or packed before we leave. Always much too much.

I finished a super fast knit this weekend: The Ballerina T Shirt from Loop D Loop:



Isn't it cute? It was so fast to make--knitted in the round of double strands of Cotton Fleece Brown Sheep yarn. I'm tempted to make another one soon...

Here's our old dog, Jessie, hanging out on the deck with me:



Sorry for the wet hair pictures--I was dashing out the door when I took the pictures. I did get new glasses--can you tell? They are Teflon coated, so I hope that they last longer than the last ones.... They fell victim to a big scratch from being thrown in my purse.

I did get a chance to take a picture of the lovely purplish Angel Trumpet plant that is prospering in our garden:



Our gardener neighbor gave us this plant. The blooms are so pretty with their layered petals.

In other news--we lost a tree this weekend:



We had lost a branch of this one the other week, but the top came out of it. Bruce did a decent job dropping it. Notice he only hit one branch of the blooming Mimosa. Adios, lovely tree!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker