Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm Working!

Really. I am working. I've been driving to Concord, Massachusetts this week to work in the Concord Free Public Library Special Collections.


Concord Free Public Library
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



I really enjoy spending time in Concord. I've been working on my 19th century Concord project, taking images for VR 360s (those images online that you are able to walk through), meeting with the various folks, and transcribing and collecting information. This is a very long term project, but enjoyable.

That doesn't mean, however, that I have forgotten about knitting... I visit a yarn store or two along the way. Here's the first


Charlotte's Web, Exeter, NH, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



This is Charlotte's Web in Exeter, New Hampshire. They have amazingly gorgeous yarns:



Fun, huh? The prices are a bit high, but they will have what you want. Plus, Tom, here knitting away and generously answering questions, is a nice and helpful guy!


Tom at Charlotte's Web, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Thanks to all who recommended this store! Did I mention that I haven't stocked up on yarn in a while? Hmm. I did find a few things:


Rowan mag (04), originally uploaded by amyeetx.



That's last year's spring/summer Rowan and some lovely blue and purple Rowan 4-ply cotton yarn to make this super cute top:


Rowan Tank, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Of course, I found a few other things, including some Addi needles, two more skeins of Cotton Fleece for another Loop-D-Loop T shirt, and that mysterious hank of way too expensive yarn:


Blue Heron, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



That's Blue Heron hand dyed yarn from Easton, Maryland. I just couldn't resist its soft, shiny lure... Who knows what I will do with it. I rarely buy yarn without having some soft of plan for its use.

And, like a great kid of a knit blogger, Anna sat with Mommy's yarn and camera supplies while I snapped pictures:


Anna Loves Yarn, originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker