Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Miss D is in residence!

I did complete a little knitting when I was away. Say hello to the Divine Miss D:



I used the Knitty pattern Miss Dashwood, which is just too cute and fast to knit. The needle sizes are as suggested in the pattern, using a size 3-6 month. The yarn is Elann bargain yarn--Dive Cotton Clubat 60% Cotton, 40% Acryllic. I mostly like the yarn (color and texture) but it is a very loose wrap and can get splitty.

The bobbles were not as painful as I had feared:



I hope that you will start to see nicer pictures on the blog--I bought some new lenses for my camera in hopes of getting better close ups. This set up pictures seems a bit better than the old ones...

And a RIP: My favorite T-shirt is getting close to its last threads....



This is the front of my threadbare T-shirt from high school (think early 80s). I originally took this from a boyfriend skate punk with multi colored hair... For those of you who were in the DC area in the early 80s you might recognize the Commander Salamander store name. The store was a funky, punky place in DC, christened by Andy Warhol and frequented by punk kids. And remember, the 80s were still the time that body piercing was shocking and dyed hair scared the locals... We listened to the Cure, Manic Panic, and the local underground scene on 99.1 (when it was still a college radio station and not commercial alternative...). Ah. Progressive music. What was that, exactly?

I think the store is still there, but it isn't edgy anymore (goth, perhaps, with designer clothes.... Not the original, 60 different ways to wear a safety pin through your ear). Look at the rip!




I love this shirt because it reminds me of my high school rebellion. So sad that it is nearing the end, though my daughter tells me it is kinda scarey looking...

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker