Monday, June 27, 2005

Spinning Yarns

When I was away I did manage to hit a number of yarn shops. I don't have pictures of the spoils, as they didn't fit in my suitcase. My Mom ended up mailing the multiple skeins to me, and I'm hoping they arrive shortly.

I did get a chance to go to a number of yarn stores in the New Hampshire/Massachusetts area. I've already let you have a look at Charlotte's Web in Exeter. I also was able to go to Dover, New Hampshire's Spinning Yarns. Maureen recommended this shop, and I have to say that this was my favorite shop that I was able to visit.


Spinning Yarns, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Here's my Mom buying me my very early birthday present--yarn.


Shopping at Spinning Yarns, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



The store owner was very friendly and helpful, offering suggestions about yarn choices. The yarn selection was not huge, but it was nice--lots of Rowan, Mountain Colors, Jaeger, and more. The best part? Toys to keep Anna amused while I poked around:


Anna at Spinning Yarns, originally uploaded by amyeetx.



What a pleasant store!

I also visited two stores in Massachusetts. First I went to Needle Arts in Concord, Massachusetts. I really liked the woman who was working at the store. She was really friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. We were able to chat about all of the gorgeous Colinette yarns that they had in stock, and I left with a pretty ribbon yarn (pictures tomorrow). Their prices were high, but it was Massachusetts...

The final store I went to was Wild & Wooly in Lexington, Massachusetts. This store is really large--two floors. They had the remnants of a huge sale in the basement and there looked to be big bargains. The prices seemed pretty good, and I succummed to some Rowan Cork for a pretty cabled sweater. The woman who helped me was very nice, though the other worker seemed fairly cranky. But, I think you could find some nice things in the shop with a little looking. It seemed to be fairly difficult to find things for some reason, but I would head back again for the big sale!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker