Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Scorpions

I really hate scorpions. This weekend I was trying to get my daughter to take a nap (and to sneak in a little nap myself) when a scorpion ran across her pillow. Ugh. In trying to defend her, I was stung. Of course, I didn't have my glasses on, so that probably contributed to the sting.

I've been stung before--I stepped on a scorpion when I was about a week away from giving birth. Our washer/dryer is in the garage and the little pest decided to take a visit. Let's just say that the scorpion was pulp by the time I was finished. Compared to the stepped on scorpion, this sting wasn't too bad.

According to the University of Michigan ADW, we have the common brown scorpion. When it gets really dry we tend to see a boom of scorpions in the house. I guess that they like to live in the attic, but if it gets too hot they come to visit the cooler areas. There isn't a whole lot of non toxic options to prevent scorpions. We've found some sticky pads that help to catch them. But, Texas seems to attract all sorts of creepy crawlies.

On a happier note:

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

This is a pretty interesting blog survey. If you want, take it and add to the data!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker