Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to School

Yes, we are back to school. Texas Universities start early--and we are no exception. In honor of the whole back to school hoo ha, I bought some supplies. ok. They are knitting supplies, which aren't technically for school, but they are helpful!



loot
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



The Rowan books--Vintage Knitting and the new magazine--came in the mail. There are a few things of interest, but not as much as I had hoped. The Wrap Style book looks great--I'm going through my stash to see if any of the yarn will work. Notice that I also bought Cable Needle Freedom. My goal for the fall is to learn to work with cables. I have a cute purse pattern, but I think I will use the Peace Fleece that I bought (center) to try the little hat in the Cable Needle Freedom book.

And, I picked up the Guernsey yarn that I ordered from my LYS. This is for a pair of socks from Knitting on the Road. More on the stashing later.

The graduate students in the English Department have been busy this past week welcoming new students. Look at the cute party they had for new students! Aren't they great!


Welcome Students
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.




Welcome Grads
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker