Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Stitch Above

I'm not able to post much this month--school is starting at the end of August, and I am completely slammed. That said, I'm behind in answering blog comments. I will soon---thank you all for your comments!

When I was in Providence, RI, several of us took a quick lunch break to the local knitting store, A Stitch Above.



A Stitch Ahead
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Notice that there is a cute toystore beside the knitting shop. Wow. Great wooden toys from Germany and Scandinavia. Anna loved the items that came from the shop.



A Stitch Ahead
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.




The store had a shoes and clothes and amazing yarn and knitting supplies.


A Stitch Ahead
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



There was Schaefer, Rowan, Colinette, Blue Sky Alpaca, Jamieson's,
Manos del Uruguay, locally produced yarns, and more. Very nice selection!


A Stitch Ahead
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



I did buy a few items for winter--I want to finish this summer knitting and get on with it. Do you like the new home in the stash box, yarn?


Additional purchases
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



There are two skeins of Schaefer Elaine in the Leontyne Price colorway. And there are four skeins of handdyed locally produced yarn from Rhode Island. Aren't they both really pretty?


Stash Increase
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



I also bought a needle case for all of the various circular and straights that have been accumulating in my cupboard and a few Addi Natura circular needles. If you are near Providence, RI, check out A Stitch Above. The folks that work there are helpful and friendly and also love to touch all the gorgeous yarns in the shop!

And, I found a book in the local Brown University bookstore that I had to have, as well. This is the new Jasper Fforde book, The Big Over Easy: A Nursery Crime. As of late, Fforde is one of my favorite authors. He has a great series featuring Tuesday Next; the first book in the series is The Eyre Affair, an amazingly fun and imaginative reworking of Jane Eyre. I love this book so much that I'm teaching it in a course that looks at various takes on Jane Eyre. The best part of the new Fforde book that I bought is that it is signed. Yeah!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker