Thursday, August 25, 2005

What have I been up to?

Opal Sock Yarn from Hell

This is the Opal sock yarn from hell. Truly. I spent two evenings untangeling the spew from the center of the ball into these.


Opal Sock Yarn
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Why two balls? There was a big knot in the middle of the yarn that needed to be cut. I didn't want it ending up in my sock. In case you are curious about what the spew looked like, take a look at my previous post. I am hoping that things will go smoothly now. This set of socks is proving to be a challenge...

Rowan Scarf

I was so pleased to receive my Rowan giftie for joining Rowan International Knits this year that I immediately cast on and started knitting away. This year they are giving away the Rowan Froth Scarf in the lovely Kid Silk Haze. While I was intrigued with the beautiful purple yarn that was one of the color selections, I thought I might get more use out of the black.


Rowan's Froth Scarf
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Here she is, finished and reclining on the entry way chair rack/coat rack.

Here's a close up:


Rowan Froth Scarf, Closeup
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



This was a fast and fun pattern to knit, except for the picking up and binding off business around the edges. But, the final ruffley edge was well worth it. I wasn't sure how this yarn would be to work with as I am in a "I hate novelty yarns" phase, but it was wonderful.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker