Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hurricane Evacuees/Yarn

First, the important stuff:

Texas has been taking in thousands of evacuees from the hurricane. In fact, we have been adding students to our University, housing folks in the local arena, giving displaced professors office space and library priviledges, and more. Our University sent bus drivers to move people, is publishing a newspaper in town for those who were evacuated, and sending students and townspeople to volunteer. There is daycare, food and clothing donations, and students who are moving real beds into the shelters for people to sleep on. I'm so happy to see that our town and university are making an effort to support those who are displaced. Here is the latest information: TAMU News. I don't mean for this to be a rah, rah we are great posting. But I do want to spread the word about what some regular folks are doing to help those in need.

The Knitting (less important) stuff:

Yesterday my daughter and I headed to Target to pick up a new chair for the kitchen:


chair
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Isn't it cute? It has little steps that pull out so that she can walk up the chair and kneel to help me cook. I remember having a very similar chair when I was little--but it was that 70s brown...

The entrance way in our Target has a little area that has rapidly changing merchandise that is priced at 1.00--sort of Target's answer to the Dollar General stores, I guess. I always look to see what's there and here is what I saw yesterday:


Target Yarn
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.



Look at that yarn! I'm sure people thought I was absolutely nuts to be taking pictures of Target's yarn, but, hey, I needed blog worthy proof. There is a bunch of novelty yarn and acrylic, including acrylic sock yarn. I didn't buy any, since I'm having issues with both novelty and acrylic lately, but it is great to see knitting making inroads!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker