Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Gingham Front

I'm in a fine mood today. You see, I had a number of BIG deadlines this semester and, as of Monday, they are passed. Now I have all of the normal business of work, which is a lot more manageable now that a few huge projects are out of the way.

This morning was beautiful. It is still really warm (70-85 on most days), but the leaves are falling and the ground is crunchy. Here' s my view off the back deck:


Foggy Morning
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.


I was out on the deck trying to get some pictures in natural light. My photographer (hubby) is away on a distinguished lecturer jaunt (good for him, back for us), so I had to rely on the old, lay the knit down and shoot it or the self timer. There's lots of pictures because I'm pretty happy with this sweater. Presenting Gingham.

Here's the front:


Gingham Front
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.


And the back:


Gingham Back
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.


This is certainly a big and bulky sweater. The wool is super warm, so I'm thinking this will end up being more of a coat than a sweater. A close up of the collar:


Gingham Collar
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

I ran out of the teal on the collar, so the last few rows used the pink. I think it looks fine. You can see the stranding in the color work. This is not only my first cardigan, but the first thing I've made that uses color work.

And the button band:


Gingham Button Band
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

The button band is not perfect, but I like how the stitches were picked up evenly. The buttons came with the kit and are really nice with the colors.

Now you might be wondering what this looks like on me. Here's the cool pose. Excuse the goofy expressions on my face. It was pretty early! And I do have a tank top on under the sweater. It is Texas, you know, and this will probably never see a turtle neck accessorizing the look.


Gingham
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

And the back:


Gingham Back
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

This pose is a lot more like me. I like rolling up the sleeves a little. I have a feeling that this sweater will be one of those comfy cozy sweaters that, when you put it on, you feel like a pot of good Barry's tea with honey and cream, a plate of scones, a great book, and a toasty fire. In other words, I'm liking the Gingham!


Gingham
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker