Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm Knitting!

Now that I'm over a few HUGE deadlines, I'm able to show you some of the recent things I've been working on.

I'm a member of our local knitting guild, and we have a few special events that are underway. For our December meeting we are going to have a hat exchange. In October each of us brought yarn that we thought might make a nice hat. We put this yarn in a a numbered brown paper bag, drew numbers, and exchanged the yarn. I don't think that my secret hat person reads the blog, so I'm going to share the hat that I made.


Knitting Guild Hat
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

The yarn was a lion brand acrylic, which I never work with. But, that is what the person wanted, so I found a nice pattern in the Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits book, held the yarn double with the novelty yarn that was in the bag and came up with this little rolled hat. Hope she likes it!

For our December meeting we are also supposed to produce some sort of name tags. I played with a program and made an intarsia pattern for my name. I love the purple and pink yarn that is in my stash, so that's the color scheme. The little greenish/pink bit is a flower to add to the tag. I found the pattern for the flower here: Head Huggers.

I think I will get some little beads to add to the center of the flower. Then I have to figure out how to make this thing lay flat and attach to my shirt. I'm off to our hobby store to look at plastic canvas and the like.


Nametag
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Since I'm finishing lots of things, I started to think about my upcoming projects. Add to that the cold weather here in Texas, and I'm expanding the stash. I bought this at our LYS:



Queensland Collection
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Here's a close up of the yarn.



Lovely Yarn
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

What pattern am I thinking about making? Nicole




Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker