Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Little More


Gingham Blocking
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Notice that I have not abandoned Gingham. I'm a little behind, but last night I cleared off our kitchen table, soaked the sweater, and blocked her. I had taken care of all of the little ends last week, so I'm in the home stretch!

My husband returned from Paris on Thursday before our Houston trip, and he brought some lovely goodies:


French Gifts!
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

For Anna, a book, a cute little nested doll, and a big bar of chocolate. She prefers European chocolate, the little foodie! For me, a great bottle of champagne, two huge blocks of yummy foie gras, and a gorgeous turquoise necklace from Diwali in the Latin quarter.

I realized that I never shared my pictures from the weekend that my friend and her little boy visited, so here goes!

We had a great visit. Anna and Aidan played non stop and seemed to get along really well. Anna has reported that she misses her buddy.


Playing
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

We went to the Texas Renaissance Faire during their visit. Even though I've lived here for 12 years, I've never ventured out to this huge festival. It is just as whacky as I thought it would be. There is this entire subculture that surrounds the Faire that includes whole families who dress up to attend. The costume are amazing. Some seem historically accurate, while others are chainmail bikinis, al la Zena. I probably wouldn't be wearing such garb if I was 200 pounds, but folks must be more comfortable with their bodies than me!

Here are some of the costumes we saw:


Texas Renaissance Festival
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Anna wasn't so sure about the cenataur, particular when his tail would twitch. She was much happier watching the mud men perform. The mud men are Renaissance beggars who tell baudy jokes and smear themselves with mud, all with the intent of making the audience muddy as well. Most odd.




Texas Renaissance Festival
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

We had a wonderful visit and Aidan and Anna especially enjoyed themselves. Here they are showing off their tattoos from the Renaissance Faire:



Originally uploaded by amyeetx.






Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker