Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Flamingoes and Birthday Treats

Our local holiday parade was this past weekend, and it was cold. Not only did we know bunches of people in the parade (small town), but every group was giving away candy. Do you know what that much sugar can do to a sheltered 3 year old? Eek. However, the best thing from the parade, according to the child, was this flamingo headband:



Christmas Flamingos
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Cute Christmas flamingoes, no?

We are also approaching my b-day season (Dec 12, but with the holidays my birthday is sporatically celebrated throughout December). My Mom sent these cute items:



Tea Time
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Tea for my tea pot and a great little tea timer. And, knowing that I love to stash that knitting, she found this kit:



mitten kit
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

I had seen the Nordic Fiber Arts mitten kits, like the one my Mom sent, on Wendy's blog. I was looking for some challenging color work, and it sounded like these mittens would be great. Wendy said that the charts and instructions were incredibly clear and that there was a separate left and right pattern, and she was right. I chose Nordhav mittens with the Strikkegarn yarn (Do you like the colors Mom picked?). What better way to start this sort of knitting?

When I was looking at the Nordic Fiber Arts web page I noticed that the company location was Durham, NH--one town over from where my Mom lives. Mom decided to do some checking and the owner of Nordic Fiber Arts is (pay attention here--small town connections get trick sometimes!) the mother of the woman that sings in the praise choir with my Mom and the mother in law of the church choir director. Whoa. Where's Kevin Bacon?

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker