Thursday, January 12, 2006

Post Holiday Musings

So, yes, it is January and I'm a little slow. But I'm finally able to chronicle the holiday. The family did pretty well this year--there were power tools, dollhouses (the full Madeline house, dolls and furniture courtesy of Santa and the Grandmas), food from Zingerman's Deli (yum--real Pastrami Reubens delivered to your door that my New Yorker hubbie declared amazingly good--better than his favorite place near Wall Street. He was actually hiding the fixings in the refrigerator...).

I had quite the haul as well. A beautiful new jewelry box:

I actually wear some of the pretty pieces that I have collected over the years now that I can see what I own. The grandma costume jewelry is especially fun to rediscover.

And there was this cool gift in my stocking:


What can I say. How could you not love a 60 GB video ipod? All I need to say is video footage of the baby panda cub walking from the Washington Post. Free. Downloaded through iTunes podcasts. Aww.

And my Mom delivered a knitting gift. From Nordic Fiber Arts a Faroe Island sweater kit. Here's what the sweater will look like:

The pattern is from a back issue of Interweave (Winter 2000/2001). The yarn suggested is Vamsegarn in three colors:



Faroe Island sweater kit
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.


The pattern is knit in the round and steeked. This should satisfy my need to complete some more difficult colorwork. And Mom even picked out these gorgeous pewter buttons.


buttons
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker