Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tippi

Tippi is in progress. I tried a different way to stitch up the shoulder seams, thanks to my handy Vogue Knitting book. This one is more invisible but a little thicker and hardier. I think this sweater will get a lot of wear so I'm willing to take a thicker seam. Plus the seam finish in the pattern makes for uneven ends and it would look oddly if those ends weren't hidden a bit.



Tippi
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

This happened in the middle of the photo session. Wouldn't want to have a moment when the child is not the center of the world...


Pay attention to me!
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

And you know, I finally found a good use for diaper pins. I marked four sections of the cardigan front so that I picked up the right number of stitches. I added button holes on the right side, as well. My Mom promises to pick through her button box to see if there are some antique pewter buttons to grace Tippi.


Tippi
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

In case you missed the hubub, Stephanie has launched The Knitting Olympics. I am not the best at KALS, but couldn't resist the challenge--one challenging knit, 16 days. I'm going to try Voyage. Yes. I'm nuts.

Perhaps I need another vacation... We took a mini break this past weekend. Hubby had to work in San Antonio, so the child and I tagged along to play. We went to the San Antonio Zoo and played with the animals. One of the animals that we found truly amazing was the clouded leopard. They leopard was in a natural habitat environment behind a window that you could look through. There was a little area to sit at in front of the window. Either we looked like something to play with or (more likely) like a snack, the leopard spent about a half hour stalking us, launching herself at the window with mouth wide, claws extended. I'm glad that the window was there! Anna found this behavior amusing and spent the entire time laughing with glee.

We stayed at a new hotel on the Riverwalk which is now occupying my favorite in San Antonio spot: Hotel Valencia. This hotel is modern and funky inside, with soothing waterfalls and candle light. It is a great location--on the Riverwalk but away from the loud noisy insanity of a weekend night.


Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker