Friday, January 13, 2006

Too much Rowan?

Can you have too much Rowan? The great thing about the start of a new year is that I get to think about all of the possibilities. Part of that involves stash enhancement and pattern perusal. Yum. So, I bought these lovely packs:


Too much Rowan?
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.


First the Cork. I am so disappointed that Rowan has discontinued this yarn. It is light enough for winter wear in Texas and a little chunkier for a fast knit. I bought the grey last year with the Cork Collection Book. The green was a bargain through ebay ($30 for the pack!).


Rowan Cork
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Here are the patterns that interest me:

This is Bless. I bought the grey to make this since it looks fairly classic and, big plus, cables!


And I think that Martha will look really nice in the blue:


I'm not sure what to do with the green.. But there is always that cute cabled sock pattern in Holiday Handknits.

And, a little late in the denim parade, I want to use this:



Rowan Denim
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

To make this cool little jacket:
That's the two color Voyage from Denim People. That just looks fun. Plus, I want to test out the denim before I commit to making a sweater for my husband. He needs to take a touch test of the fabric to see if it works...

And, last but currently on the needles, Rowanspun Chunky.


Rowanspun Chunky
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

This lovely yarn is discontinued, but it continues to amaze me as I work with it. It has nubby little flecks of bright green, blue and red that show up every once in a while. I'll get a better shot of the knitted fabric next week. And, here's what it will be:

This is Tippi from Rowan's A Season's Tale. Right now I'm on sleeve island, but should finish the pieces this weekend. Pictures soon!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker