Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A finished bag

The Bushoong Bag Zig Zag Bag is complete!


Bushoong Bag
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

Bushoong Zig Zag Bag
Folk Bags
by Vicki Square
Yarn: Brown Sheep Bulky from Webs

This felted fairly well, but I was unprepared for the length. This is one long and skinny bag--perfect for long needles! Every time I felt something I find it lacking in some way. This one just didn't come out quite like I wanted it to. I think it must be that felted wool just isn't my preferred bag fabric (leather all the way). I'm not much of a bag person, but this will give me something to toss my knitting into. And, I have to say I would not want to use Brown Sheep Bulky for anything other than felting. It sheds like crazy, leaving little wool balls all over the house. I am still vacuuming them up this week!

While Brown Sheep Bulky doesn't win my favor, I adore Peace Fleece. The wool is lovely, the company politics excellent, and their patterns beautiful.


Peace Fleece
Originally uploaded by amyeetx.

I've been looking at this yarn in my LYS for a while and the Coup d'etat Cardigan pattern sealed the deal:


Coup d'etat Cardigan from Peace Fleece












I've been busy washing my winter sweaters as it has been 80-95 degrees F each day, but I might actually cast on for a wool sweater this summer.

Oh yes, Bless. She's finished, but missing a zipper. I couldn't find one in town and am waiting for a specially made zipper from Zippersource. Another finished object soon!

Gallery of Finished Objects

Gallery 2007
Gallery 2006
Gallery 2005
Gallery 2004

On the Needles

Cable Cardigan

Faroe Island Sweater

Rowan Denim Seahorse

Mittens

Future Knits

Lisette from Rowan

Lorna's Laces Socks

Backyard Leaves Scarf

Eloise from Jane Ellison


Weather

The WeatherPixie

Blogroll

Blog Rings

Knitting Blogs

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next



Academics Knit
Join | List | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf

Texas Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next |
Powered by RingSurf

Rowanette Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Amy
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

eXTReMe Tracker